Saturday, August 11, 2012

Solar Garden Lights

In any space lighting can drastically change the look and feel of the area.  Bringing lights to your outdoor areas can create a feeling of habitation while the sun is down.  Recently many companies offer a wide variety of solar lights for walkways, patios, and the garden areas.  These lights can be simple lanterns or something more whimsical and interesting. 

My first solar lights Tink bought 3 years ago from Ikea.  They were red but have faded in the harsh Texas sun.  I have really enjoyed these!  We placed them near our back window so they are visible while in bed.  It is really nice to see them gently bouncing in the night breeze.  Another great thing about them is that they come on right when it starts to get dark and stay on until the sun comes up while many other solar lights have run out of battery. 

This string of glowing birds is a nice whimsical addition to the back patio.
I clipped them onto my plant stand so I can observe them at night.
These were also from Ikea.

A pretty post light.  These give off a nice warm glow but they do need strong light to get charged up.
Purchased from Target.

Lights for the front walkway.  These come on a string of three. 
Purchased from Ikea.

This is a smaller version of the walkway light like above. I have them under my inland sea oats where it  cast an interesting shadow on the nearby wooden fence.  Purchased from Ikea.

A solar LED spotlight. This shines on my wildflower garden so that it is bright enough to see them without the light being to harsh and overly bright. Purchased from Home Depot.

1 comment:

  1. I like this blog...I think that it would be fun to get into investing...... Free Solar Panels

    ReplyDelete