Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Favorite Vegan Snacks

I like to snack. Everyday I have "tea time" around 5 o'clock and have coffee and a snack. I gives me a little energy to finish work and to hold me off until dinner time which is usually late for me. After about 3 weeks of being Vegan I have found it really easy to find very healthy things to snack on besides the obvious fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Some are surprisingly good and addictive...

My favorite are Probars. They have a wide variety of bars to choose from, are great tasting, and very fulfilling. They also all come in really attractive packaging which caused me to try them in the first place. Probars make a good meal replacement and are perfect when traveling through areas that might not have anything healthy and good to eat. ProBar - website to see all of their wonderful products.

...another wonderful product I found during my last visit to Whole Foods Market are these wonderful Vegan and Organic - Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups by Justin's. They are amazing!!! The best peanut butter cup I have ever tasted. They are much more flavorful and not overpoweringly sweet like some other more famous brand. Justin's makes a variety of nut butter - that I can't wait to try. Visit there website: Justin's to see there products and learn more. Plus if you Like them on Facebook you can get a coupon!

...and speaking of chocolate. A lot of chocolate has milk in it... hence "milk chocolate" but there are vegan chocolates! The Endangered Species Chocolate brand has quite a few different varieties of vegan chocolates to choose from. Last night I tried the Dark Chocolate with Mint and it is very good. If you visit there website: Endangered Species Chocolate and search Vegan in there search bar you can see the vegan gift basket below and the different varieties of vegan chocolate flavors they sell.

Other yummy sweet snacks I found are in the Whole Foods Market bakery. They have a few vegan baked goods such as the Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie, which taste just like a regular yummy chocolate chip cookie, maybe better.

There are so many many good foods to discover. I think the search and discovery has been a surprisingly unexpected enjoyable thing about becoming vegan. It has forced me to try new restaurants, look for new foods at the grocery store, and expand my knowledge of food in general. I feel I knew about everything there was to know about American food and this change has opened the door to a new world that was waiting to be explored.

No comments:

Post a Comment