Saturday, September 3, 2011

Mother of Pearl Caviar Spoons

Last Christmas I received a gift card to Sur La Table from my two good friends Darryl and Gee. And now 9 months later I finally used it on something that I have been wanting for a while!

Mother of Pearl Caviar Spoons

Mother of Pearl is also known as Nacre. It is made by various species of Mollusk as the smooth inside of their shells.

Mother of Pearl spoons are the traditional utensil for eating caviar. This is due to the fact that using metal can change the taste of the caviar and impart unwanted flavor.

These spoons measure 5 inches long and are very unique. They all glow and shimmer brightly in the light.

I feel lucky to have found them. They look like something that could be displayed in a museum as part of a precious stone collection or artifacts from a past civilization.

No comments:

Post a Comment