Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Few New Native Seedlings

Last month I planted some native plant seeds of wildflowers that I would like more of in my garden.  They have been doing pretty well with the warm wet weather.  I planted them in pots and put them in a shady screened in area on my back patio.  

Gulf Coast Penstemon - Penstemon tenuis, are some tiny seedlings.  I only haver one small clump of this plant but hopefully it will take up a semi-shady area in my front garden planted with a few clumps of Gulf Muhly Grass - Muhlenbergia capillaris.  

Wild Foxglove - Penstemon cobaea, only a few of these seedlings came up.  
Maybe they need a little more sun.

Pitcher or Blue Sage - Salvia azurea, this plant is really easy to grow from seed.
Last year the seedlings I planted did really well and gave a really nice fall display.  I like the geometric pattern the leaves the plant makes and of course the very pretty cool blue flowers during the blazing late summer and fall heat!  I think I might need to plant more of these still...

No comments:

Post a Comment