Friday, July 8, 2011

Dinner at Uni

A few days ago my friends and I went to the Woodlands, TX to have dinner at a place called Uni.

Uni, which is the Japanese name for sea urchin, is located in the Market Street center very close to the Woodlands Mall. It was my first time visiting the Market Street shopping area which is a clean, lively, and diverse center. The restaurant Uni is next to the Cinemark theater across the street from the Central Park area. The outside of Uni is decorated with black tiles which makes it stand out from the many country style shops. The inside of Uni is nicely designed and service was good. But more importantly is the food...

Everything we had was really good. The presentation of each dish was very nice, the ingredients were fresh, and all the rolls were made neatly. Here are a few things that we had:

Chirashi bowl - mixed sashimi which was fresh and sliced to the prefect portion.

Tiger Eye and Brendy - Specialty Rolls

Specialty Rolls - the cutest Caterpillar roll I have ever eaten!

Chipotle Salmon

We also had seaweed salad, gyoza, and miso soup, which were all very good. The miso soup was much more hearty than many other places I've tried - it had a lot of mushrooms, seaweed, tofu, and green onion.

ahh.. Whenever I make post about food I get hungry. Overall, I really liked this place and will definitely be back!


1 comment:

  1. It's 11pm and I'm craving sushi now! Thanks a lot! (Looks sooo good!)

    ReplyDelete