Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Versace Mens S/S 2012

The Versace Men's Spring/Summer 2012 fashion show was today!

The collection was reported as: "masculine, heroic, and glamourous." There is no other way to put it... It was Very Versace.

I like the show but it wasn't my favorite. It will have to grow on me. I think just seeing it as the runway pieces isn't enough. A lot of time I have to see the items individually or styled in a more wearable way as they do in the ad campaigns. Here are some photos of select pieces:

The first look. I like it. Its very wearable and the color is nice for spring/summer.

There were a lot of bright pieces in this collection. The socks with gladiator sandals is odd to me but I do like the sandals a lot otherwise. The shorts are a nice color too but I personally don't like pleats or baggy shorts.

The sunglasses and sandals are must haves for me! The head to toe pattern is not for me but the cut looks very comfortable. The model, Simon Nessman, can make anything look good.
The sunglasses are amazing!! They look very similar to the vintage Versace glasses Lady Gaga has popularized.

The reds in this collection were super bright!

A neutral toned piece that is very wearable.

This is my favorite look of the collection. Im sure the jacket will be all over the place in the spring/summer fashion magazines and in the ad campaign. It looks amazing! If you are thinking about buying it inquire at your local Versace boutique early because they will only have a few (if not only one) and they/it will sell out fast!

I like this knit. Even though it is long sleeve it should be comfortable due to the openings in the fabric.

There were a few pieces of swimwear (thank goodness). This is my favorite of the lot.
I also like how the black and white pattern of this years S/S collection is incorporated into next years.

A nice black suit with the interesting detail of buckles. There was a lot of pieces with buckles in this collection. Some paints had buckles going down the entire length of the outer-seam of each leg.

All photos from Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment