Monday, December 13, 2010

Ruby-crowned Kinglet carvings

Hello! I hope you are warm and cozy on this cold fall day!

I have very busy lately with all sorts of things but one of the more fun things that I have been doing is carving birds.

I have carved many birds before but this year I have really gotten into carving them more seriously. So far I have made 16 birds total. All birds were carved from ones that I saw in the wild. So far here is the list:

1. Ruby-throated Hummingbird -TX
2. Prothonotary Warbler - Costa Rica
3. Ruby-crowned Kinglet - TX
4. Carolina Chickadee - TX
5. Mourning Dove - TX
6. Ruby-throated Hummingbird - TX
7. Indigo Bunting - VA
8. Carolina Wren - TX
9. Tufted Titmouse - TX
10. Common Ground-Dove - TX
11. - 16. Ruby-crowned Kinglet - TX

The latest ones are the the six Ruby-Crowned Kinglets:

I hope to give these as Christmas gifts to some friends. Maybe I'll make some little red scarves out of ribbon to put around there necks to make them extra cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment