Thursday, September 6, 2012

Golden Raspberries

Fall is coming and an abundance of fall fruits are filling the markets.  I went to my local Whole Foods to buy some fruit and among the beautiful variety of stone fruits (plums, peaches, pluots, etc.) I found a fruit I've always wanted to try.  Golden Raspberries!

The golden raspberries I bought from Whole Foods displayed in a Waterford crystal bowl. 

Golden Raspberries are pretty much the same as normal raspberries but can be slightly sweeter.  The ones I tried taste about the same as normal raspberries but some were a bit tart.  This variety is often sold in mid-summer and fall for only a few weeks. The only time that I have seen this raspberry is in garden centers during spring when the plant roots are for sale and in Martha Stewart's Living magazine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment